Online Tutorials -> SoundAir -> Split APE
Follow the steps below to cut/split APE audio files into tracks using SoundAir
1. In the folder tree, click on the folder contains APE
files you want to split.
2. In the file list, select one APE
3. Right click on the selected files to bring up the context menu and select Split
4. In the "Split" window, select a file format from the "Format" combobox.
5. Select the begin and end time with the sliders or input the time range directly. ( skip Step 5-6 if you have cue sheets in the same folder )
6. click on "add Selection".
If you want to change the output properties, select "Properties". (optional)
If you want to change the destination folder,click on the "Browse" icon button to change. (optional)
7. Click Split.
[ View screenshots of steps for splitting APE files ]
What is APE?
APE is Monkey's Audio Lossless Audio Compression Format. The APE file format can give about 50% compression without loss in quality.